My aim for this year is to produce a poster every week for a musical, play, movie or book. Sometimes, they're just for fun. Sometimes, they'll be used in a real production in the Beds-Herts-Bucks region of England.

Friday 27 January 2012

Week 3 - Show Boat in Concert

PLEASE  NOTE: This is NOT a real Box Office number.

A poster for a concert featuring the work of Oscar Hammerstein II. Show Boat in Concert is the first half and I was asked to emphasise that part as it is so rarely performed. See full version

The performing company is ShowCo Bedford.

Invariably, I used a photograph of the Branson Belle showboat as it's the only one that looks like a vintage showboat and actually goes out on the water (and it's the only one that I could get a high enough quality image of!)

I'm rather pleased with the colours of this one.

Comments welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment